Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Boy Feelings vs. Girl Feelings

Gender differences/similarities is one of the fascinating issues in psychology.  My general blog has an entry on gender differences in thinking, which you can access by clicking on these words.  When I was seeing people for counseling/therapy, it always seemed important to think about whether a male of female therapist would be best for any particular client/patient. As a school psychologist, one thinks a lot about the opportunities available for all students in the classroom.  This web site has biographies of early psychologists who were women.  It is interesting to see how they surpassed the issues of gender differences in education at the time.  I always think of Alice James in this context.  For the book Healers and Feelings I'm determined to include more women than the one (!) I included in Thinkers and Thinking (here's the Goodreads page for it).  Right now, I'm thinking of Psyche Cattell and Hedda Bolgar.  Any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment