Saturday, February 2, 2013

Healing Yourself

I've just been asked to comment on a list of self-help books I tweeted about.  I pulled a few I've recommended before off the shelf and discovered that none of them were on the list!  Here they are (Goodreads better come through for me):
How to Meditate by Lawrence LeShan
Destructive Emotions by Goleman and the Dalai Lama
the books for kids by Dawn Huebner
Peg Dawson and Richard Guare's books on executive functioning
The Relaxation Response by Herbert Benson
If Only You Would Change by Luciano and Merris
The Noonday Demon by Andrew Solomon
books about how those medicines work
Finding Flow by Csikszentmihalyi
Darkness Visible by William Styron
Reading My Father by Alexandra Styron
Kay Redfield Jamison's books
The Center Cannot Hold by Saks
In Her Wake by Nancy Rappaport
When Someone You Love is Depressed by Rosen and Amador
Mark Vonnegut's memoirs
imagining Robert by Jay Neugeboren
and the classic...
I like the books by individuals who have been through it and relatives because they combine good information and something you want to read.



No comments:

Post a Comment